Addair Law has years of experience and a stellar reputation in the areas of agricultural and business law. We have also developed an expertise in all legal aspects of the industrial hemp and cannabis industries in Kansas.
Addair Law Manhattan industrial hemp lawyer stands ready to guide your entry into this new and exciting market.
WHY YOU SHOULD INVEST IN INDUSTRIAL HEMP
The fertile lands of Kansas are nearly ideally suited to grow industrial hemp, which the law defines as all parts and varieties of the plant cannabis sativa L that contain a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) concentration of no more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis. Dozens and dozens of products can be made with industrial hemp, from paper products to bio-plastics to cannabidiol (CBD), a non-psychoactive cannabinoid with wide-ranging health benefits.
With the passage of the federal 2018 Farm Bill and the Alternative Crop Research Act in Kansas, the door to this exciting and potentially lucrative industry has been opened. The way has been paved for legal and profitable opportunities for landowners, manufacturers, and retailers. As noted by the Kansas Department of Agriculture:
“The opportunity to grow a new specialty oilseed crop in Kansas offers potential for diversification for Kansas farmers looking for an alternative crop, or for new farming enterprises interested in cultivating industrial hemp. The Kansas agriculture industry has developed a statewide strategic growth plan in recent years, and is committed to pursuing new and innovative opportunities to grow agriculture. The research generated by participants of this new industrial hemp program will be valuable data in identifying the growth potential offered in this sector.”
WE WANT TO PARTNER WITH YOU
The specific rules and regulations that govern this industry are currently being established. History tells us that these rules are also highly fluid and subject to regular modification. If you are considering a foray into this industry, you need knowledgeable guidance along the way. The lawyers at Addair Law provide that guidance.
READY TO GET STARTED? CALL US TODAY FOR:
- Completion of your research-based license application.
- The law requires a license to grow industrial hemp in Kansas.
- Miss this deadline and you cannot grow for the entire year.
- Formation of your company and drafting distribution contracts.
- Entry into a preferred / integrated clone or seed to sale application.
- Enforcement of your rights to produce, process, transport, and distribute hemp, CBD, and other hemp products.
- Assistance in qualifying employees and equipment for licensure.
- Comprehensive protection of your intellectual property.
- Customization of your non-disclosure and non-compete agreements.
Call a Manhattan industrial hemp lawyer for all of your legal needs.