We are excited to announce our winner for the 2021 Public Spirit Scholarship! Click this page to see our winner!
At Addair Law, we are passionate about getting involved with and supporting members of our community. We have a strong commitment to serving others and have seen how performing civic duties improves the lives of individuals and the greater community. We believe that people are inspired to give back to their community for a number of different reasons and would like to hear from students on what it is that inspires them to give back or be active citizens. That is why we are proud to announce our Public Spirit Scholarship.
For this scholarship, we are looking to hear from students who have an interest in public welfare and improving their community. We are asking applicants to discuss their involvement in their community, any organizations they are involved in, and the academic value they have learned and/or gained from giving back to others. Some examples of civic involvement include, but are not limited to, voting, volunteering at a local or nonprofit organization, coaching for a community sports league, tutoring, or fundraising for a charity.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is January 31, 2022. Once all submissions have been received, the entries will be reviewed, and one student will be selected to receive a $1,000 award. The award will be given to the person who best demonstrates their involvement in their community and how it has
We look forward to hearing from students on ways they are working to better their communities. Thank you for your interest in our Public Spirit Scholarship.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student, or graduate student residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a two to five-year post-secondary institution for the 2022 school year.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750 – 1000 word essay response to the prompt: Students should discuss their involvement in their community, any organizations they are involved in, and what they have learned and/or gained from giving back to others.
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The recipient of the Public Spirit Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
Thank you for your interest in the 2021 Public Spirit Scholarship. The deadline for this scholarship was January 31, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.