2022 Public Spirit Scholarship
At Addair Law, we are passionate about getting involved and supporting community members. We have a strong commitment to serving others and have seen how performing civic duties improves the lives of individuals and the greater community. We believe that people are inspired to give back to their community for many different reasons and would like to hear from students about what motivates them to give back or be active citizens. That is why we are proud to announce our Public Spirit Scholarship.
For this scholarship, we want to hear from students interested in public welfare and improving their community. We are asking applicants to discuss their involvement in their community, any organizations they are involved in, and the academic value they have learned and/or gained from giving back to others. Some examples of civic involvement include, but are not limited to, voting, volunteering at a local or nonprofit organization, coaching for a community sports league, tutoring, or fundraising for a charity.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is January 31, 2023. Once all submissions have been received, the entries will be reviewed, and one student will be selected to receive a $1,000 award. The award will be given to the person who best demonstrates their involvement in their community and how it has affected them.
We look forward to hearing from students about how they work to better their communities. Thank you for your interest in our Public Spirit Scholarship.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student, or graduate student residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia enrolled in a two to five-year post-secondary institution for the 2023 school year.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750 – 1000 word essay response to the prompt: Students should discuss their involvement in their community, any organizations they are involved in, and what they have learned and gained from giving back to others.
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their professional and academic experience.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The recipient of the Public Spirit Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to email@example.com by January 31, 2023. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “Addair Law- 2022 Public Spirit Scholarship Application.”
Click this page to see last year’s Public Spirit Scholarship Winner!